Yesterday, MODERN SALON visited Zaza Salon and Day Spa in Vernon Hills, Illinois, where one of our co-workers, Linda Talbot, was treated to an Olez Inception Restorative Treatment by Celebrity Stylist Edward Teitel! Talbot’s head of curls was transformed into a sleek, “naturally straight” look. The treatment will last up to six months in her hair (but can vary depending on shampooing, perspiration, etc.)
So what’s the Olez Inception process?
STEP 1: A gentle cleansing shampoo is used to prepare the hair for maximum absorption of the Apple Stem Cell Solution. (This part of the process removes impurities in the hair that may cause oxidation and aging.)
STEP 2: Stylist should apply the Apple Stem Cell Solution, which is a straightening and restorative treatment that reorganizes the bonds of the hair follicle, allowing it to be reshaped. This solution is safe and effective, and it smoothes the hair without using harsh chemicals or producing toxic fumes.
STEP 3: Seal the hair. The sealer is a neutralizing agent that smoothes the hair while restoring the hair’s natural pH. (The temperature of the iron should not exceed 400°F on bleached or pre-lightened hair.
STEP 4: (This was not done during Linda’s treatment.) This step involves the application of a rich, cream formula that treats and nourishes the hair: The Stem Cell Masque. (If you are a salon offering the Olez Inception treatment, you can offer this as an add-on service).
Client Consultation Process:
Stylists should consult with their client to determine their desired results. The consultation should include the following components:
1. Complete the assessment of the client’s hair before beginning shampoo.
2. Discuss the client’s desire for the service and his/her expected results.
3. Explain the steps of the service and your recommendations for his/her customized, individual service.
4. Include the estimated time the service will take and recommend any other services that client may choose to have during the “processing time” (i.e. manicure, pedicure).
5. Recommend trimming excess split ends or overly processed hair.
For a more detailed process, take a look at the photos below (in the captions are the steps). For more information about this product, call 800-251-2479 or visit www.olezprofessional.com.