You love the Vivids, you love the Pastels, so it's safe to assume you'll love the Neons! Launching this July, Pravana's ChromaSilk Neons Collection introduces five shockingly, electric colors in Neon Pink, Neon Orange, Neon Yellow, Neon Green and Neon Blue.
Learn the technique used to create the "Highlighter Highlights" look, using Chromasilk Neon Green, Neon Yellow and Neon Blue.
What You Need to Know: The Chromasilk Neon collection colors are direct dyes that don't require developers. The final hair color outcome is determined by the Neon mixture with the level of lightened hair. Vivids are designed to last longer with proper at home care by using Pravana's corresponding maintenance products.
• Neon Green, Neon Blue and Neon Yellow
• Sectioning Comb
• Color Brush
• Pre-Lightened Clip-In Extensions
1. Part out a 2" headband section from ear to ear an inch behind the front hair line.
2. Part out the hair below the occipital. Then Create a 2" section from ear to ear below the occipital and an inch above the hairline. Clip the hair on top of the head out of the way.
3. Begin in the front by taking horizontal slices starting by the ear. Apply a lightener of your choice and a developer to four back-to-back slices, creating a 1" rectangular section. Move an inch up and repeat. Continue until you reach the top. Then repeat in the other side. You should have four blocks of foil on each side of the headband section.
4. Take four 1" horizontal slices an inch behind he ear creating a block section. Then drop an inch of hair out and create another block of four 1" slices alongside the first block. Repeat these slices on the other side.
5. Process until you reach a level 10. Shampoo and dry hair completely.
6. Section out previously lightened pieces, clipping hair on top of the had out of the way. Beginning in the back on either side, apply Neon Blue from roots to ends to the bock just behind the ear. Then apply Neon Green to the next two center blocks. Finish with Neon Blue to the final block behind the ear.
7. On the top headband section, apply Neons from the lightest shade to the darkest shade from roots to ends, blending the colors where they meet. Repeat this application on the other side of the head.
8. Process Neons for 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature. Rinse with cold water, then cleanse with a color protecting shampoo and rinse until the water runs clear. Follow with a color protecting conditioner and color-fade protectant. Style as desired.