According to Goldwell, consulting with a male client is very different than with your female clientele. While female clients tend to discuss their desired results in a more direct and open manner, men are less likely to ask for a service or talk about their hair issues unless prompted. Here are a few tips on talking with men:
• Use masculine expressions such as “gray blending” instead of “coloring.”
• Thoroughly explain the service and its results.
• As with your female clients, explain the products you’re using and recommend a product to take home to maintain the style.
To help your graying male client look 10 years younger, Goldwell’s Men’s ReShade offers these tips:
1. Dispense 20 mL of Men’s ReShade concentrated Developer + 20 mL of Men’s ReShade Power Shot to blend the gray into the foam applicator bottle.
2. Gently swing the bottle side to side to mix—do not shake!
3. Gently squeezing the bottle, apply the foam to the dry hair at the shampoo bowl.
4. Process for five minutes. Rinse and shampoo with dualsenses FOR MEN.
Tip: For natural hair color that’s difficult to determine, choose a lighter shade. If the initial shade is found to be too light, a darker shade can be applied immediately.