|On Oscar night, Cameron Diaz wore an elegant metallic Oscar de la Renta
gown and a luminous hair look reminiscent of the Old Hollywood glamour
of Veronica Lake—created with a modern point of view by stylist Lona
Vigi started by spraying on a volumizer, then used the high-tech Velecta Paramount Paris TGR 4000i hairdryer to create texture and shine. The dual-function French-made dryer is built with the ability to turn an ionics switch off to build volume, and then back on to create shine and smoothness.
| Cameron Diaz|
VIGI’S HAIR STEPS:
- Blow dry the hair with ionics turned off. Volumize by taking small sections of hair and use a medium round bristle brush to dry the hair back and up using high velocity and heat.
- Set the hair and give it a boost of shine by turning on both the ionics switch and cool button to lock in curls and to add a polished shine. Then free the barrel curls and hold each one in place with a pin.
- Wait a few minutes and brush out the hair to create a loose, soft wave pattern.
- Bring one side behind the ear and the other toward the face.
- Finish off with a light misting of hairspray.
|Anna Kendrick wore a romantic blush-colored Eli Saab gown on the Oscar
carpet, complimented by an effortlessly elegant, modern updo designed by
stylist Craig Gangi.
Gangi, inspired by the graceful off-the-shoulder look, created an updo highlighting softly waved texture accenting healthy hair with natural-looking shine.
| Anna Kendrick|
GANGI’S HAIR STEPS:
- Apply argan oil-infused Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to add moisture and a soft hold.
- After blow-drying hair straight, use a medium-sized curling iron to create loose, natural waves.
- Pull strands back leaving just enough hair at the nape of the neck to create a small ponytail.
- Shape a loose, undone textured bun.
- To add a touch of drama, go back and weave three small braids with the remaining hair, then again braid the three with each other.
- Circle the braid around the bun. Pin the style, then spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to hold the look in place.
- Mist the final updo with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray for additional boost of red carpet shine.
Jennifer Lopez was dazzling on the Oscar red carpet, wearing a beautiful Armani Prive dress, accented by an elegantly texturized updo created by master stylist, Robert Vetica. The look was very modern and sophisticated.
VETICA’S HAIR STEPS:
| Jennifer Lopez|
|According to Celebrity Stylist, Mark Townsend, Maggie’s look for the
Academy Awards was ‘Muse of Spring.’|
TOWNSEND'S HAIR STEPS:
| Maggie Gyllenhaal|
Charlize Theron's Oscar hair looked extraordinary this year. Inspired by the pale classic shape of her gown, her longtime hairstylist, Enzo Angileri, created a style that emphasized delicate, enduring beauty.
"To create this look I needed a very smooth texture and lots of natural-looking shine," explained Angileri. He used new argan oil-infused Moroccanoil Light on wet strands before blow-drying."After that about 50 percent of my work was done," he says, "I had a texture that was workable, healthy-looking and naturally beautiful."
Angileri then created a low, classic bun by rolling the hair around clockwise, and held the classic polished look in place with several bobby pins.
He finished the style with a light misting of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray and Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.
| Charlize Theron|| |