Taking inspiration from Sebastian’s Volupt Collection and its corresponding education program, “Velvet Vertigo,” Janine Jarman, member of Sebastian Professional Stylist Design, shares expert tips and techniques for creating three bold, gravity-defying looks that seamlessly juxtapose fearless edge with soft femininity.
The Look: CROWING HEIGHTS—dramatic shape and graceful movement
How to get it:
- Shampoo with Volupt Shampoo followed by Volupt Conditioner
- Apply Volupt Spray to damp hair, focusing on the root area.
- Blow-dry hair with a paddle brush, over-directing the hair in all
directions to create more movement and lift.
- Using a medium round brush to give the ends a smoother bend, brush
the hair towards the face.
- While blow drying the hair, focus on building extra height at the
crown. Add more Volupt Spray if needed for more fullness and hold.
- Use a flat iron to create a smooth surface on the long front
pieces to keep them controlled. Volupt Spray also provides heat
protection and softness.
| || |
The Look: CAPACITY CURLS
—Space-shaping, high-impact volume with softness
||How to get it:|
- Shampoo with Volupt Shampoo followed by
- Apply Mousse Forte to towel-dried hair and
- Power-dry the hair using a big round brush and
focus on creating root lift.
- Start using a smaller iron at the
nape on crescent-shaped sections to create spiral curls. As you move up,
curling the hair in circular sections use different sizes of curling
irons on various sized sections.
- Fix each section with a small
clip and allow to cool.
- Take out clips and use your fingers to
separate the curls, unveiling the volume without losing the definition.
To create more fullness, backcomb some of the strands with a small
- Apply Shaper Zero Gravity to increase the hold and define
| || |
The Look: SWINGING SHAPELY
—Voluptuous curves and feminine forms
| ||How to get it: |
- Shampoo with Volupt Shampoo followed
by Volupt Conditioner
- Apply Mousse Forte generously to damp
hair, concentrating on the roots and mid-lengths.
- Starting at
the fringe, blow dry the whole head with a large round brush and fix
each finished section into a large barrel with a duckbill clip.
the hair to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the pins and brush
the hair using a large brush, working up hair into a soft voluminous
mane. Slightly backcomb with a natural bristle brush at the roots to
create a cushioning effect, keeping the top surface and fringe areas
| || |