At the 86th Academy Awards in Los Angeles, butter LONDON Global Colour Ambassador, Katie Jane Hughes, created a chevron nail art manicure for beauty Maria Menounos.
“Maria’s white Johanna Johnson gown was elegant and understated so she wanted her accessories to be bold and make a statement. Nails are a really important accessory when it comes to the red carpet so we decided to play them up with a chic chevron,” said Hughes.
Nail How To:
- Katie began by using butter LONDON's Patent Gel Tops & Tails Basecoat
- She created a custom blend for the base shade using butter LONDON Nail Lacquers in Union Jack Black and Pearly Queen
- She then used butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Union Jack Black to create the outline of the chevrons on the tip of each nail, using a thin striping brush to achieve the thin line of lacquer
- The interior of the chevron was filled with butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Gobsmacked which created a contrast between the base shade and the chevron
- Katie completed the look with the butter LONDON Patent Gel Top & Tails Topcoat