Officially launched in October 2011, OPI introduced their brand of UV manicures. With a total of 30 Gelcolor Colors available for application, OPI is now coming out with more how-to steps for professional nail technicians on how to creatively use different polishes in the line. In the first how-to steps below you can learn how create flaming nail tips for your clients using just three colors—Princesses Rule!, Alpine Snow and OPI Red.
Possibly you may have heard of nail marbling? OPI has come out with how-to steps for that as well! The technique usually requires dropping polish in water, creating a pattern with a toothpick and then dipping the nails for a swirled effect. The technique below is a little different, instead of dropping polish in water, you will learn how to apply the same look with a fine point brush. Four colors are used for this look including Suzi Say Feng Shui, A Grape Fit, Alpine Snow, and Princesses Rule!
Gelcolor by OPI infuses 6th generation advanced gel polymer chemistry with LED technology. Fully cured from foundation to finish in four minutes per set, Gel Color lasts on nails for two weeks and can be removed in minutes.
1. On a diagonal, polish on Suzi Says Feng Shui! Apply dots of A Grape Fit. On a diagonal, polish on A Grape Fit. Apply dots of Suzi Says Feng Shui.
2. Using a fine point brush, create a marbleized pattern. Cure 30 seconds. Polish on a thin coat of Top Coat.
3. Using a fine point brush, apply dots and marbleize Alpine Snow and Princesses Rule! Cure 30 seconds.
4. Polish on Top Coat. Cure 30 seconds. Remove residue with Nail Wipe and N.A.S. 99 (Nail Antiseptic Spray).
1. Polish on two coats of Princesses Rule! Cure each coat 30 seconds.
2. Draw a diagonal line with Alpine Snow and fill in with OPI Red.
3. Using a fine point brush, create flame pattern with Alpine Snow. Cure 30 seconds.
4. Polish on Top Coat. Cure 30 seconds. Remove residue with Nail Wipe and N.A.S. 99.
SEE THE NAILS BELOW!
(Send your nail how-to steps to Associate Editor Lauren Salapatek at email@example.com for a chance to be featured in a how-to article!)