MODERN found Cassandra McGlaughlin when trolling instagram. This owner of the Platinum Salon in Tampa, Florida, and Paul Mitchell National Color Educator, wisely (and nicely) comments on the work of others, and also tags and mentions @MODERNSALON in all of her posts. How could we ignore her? Once we reached out to her, she responded immediately and allows herself to be highlighted. With her amazing and organic success, MODERN felt she would be the perfect person to offer tips.
1. You have to start with a great photograph. A great photograph starts with a flawless finish. I got inspired by the strong stylists I was working with to really put time and attention into my finish, a smooth shiny finish always equals better photos.
2. Create a specific photo style. The style and layout collages have to be identifiable. It’s so important to create a watermark too. It allows keeps your name attached to your work.
3. Before pictures are a must! Some colors look simple until you see what they started with. Always always always take a before!
4. Post at the right times. Find the time that gets the most action. Think about the times you are most on social media, chances are others are too. Avoid posting too early or too late so your pictures don’t get lost in the feed.
5. Be consistent. I post something almost every day and 95% of my posts are my work. Keep your quality high and post often, and tag Modern Salon in everything!