a purchase for the causeMany manufacturers make it easy to participate and raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month by selling specially designed items, with a portion of each purchase going to various charities. Here’s just a sample of some of the beauty products your customers can buy during the month of October to show their support.
• Zensual’s Asian Lychee Blossom candle. Thirty percent of proceeds go to the Libby Ross Foundation.
• Surgeon’s Skin Secret Beeswax Moisturizer Stick. One dollar of each sale goes to Breastcancer.org.
• Tweezerman’s 2008 limited-edition Slant Tweezer, “Precision in Pink.” Ten percent of net proceeds goes to Cancer Cares.
• Body Drench’s Bosom Cream, which helps to reduce scarring and increase comfort for mastectomy patients. Five percent of proceeds will be donated by parent company American International Industries to the Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
• Repêchage’s limited-edition Four Layer Facial and Seaweed Facial kits and Algo Mist Hydrating Seaweed Facial Spray. Ten percent of net profits will be donated to City of Hope.
• Essie’s “Pink is the Link” nail color or nail set. The set includes a bottle of nail color, Sensitivity base coat and a pink mini crystal file. Ten percent of sales will be donated to Living Beyond Breast Cancer.
• RevitaLash’s Eye Lash Conditioner. Created by a doctor for his wife who was going through breast cancer treatment, a portion of all proceeds throughout the year is given to breast cancer research.
waxing across the nationSatin Smooth is upping the fundraising ante this October with their National Wax-a-thon. Taking place October 12,
participating salons and spas will be offering waxing services with all proceeds going to City of Hope. Salons and spas are donating their time and facilities, while Satin Smooth is providing waxes and before-and-after care products. To participate in the event and donate your time or facility, call 800-366-5391 or visit www.satinsmooth.com.
you say…• 46 percent of spas say they support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
• 32 percent donate a portion of their service dollars from designated treatments.
• 32 percent host a special event or fundraiser in the spa.
• 24 percent donate a portion of their retail dollars from specific products.
Renew’s SpaProview survey, July 2008