Firming Breast Facial
Juvenex Spa, New York City, www.juvenexspa.com
Known as "The Breacial," this topless treatment firms and tightens the chest with thalassotherapy, says esthetician Rinta Meity. It's popular among older women and effects can last for a few days. Skin will be left soft and hydrated.
service summary: This specialty treatment is an uplifting breast facial that utilizes a blend of marine algae combined with fango (volcanic ash that removes impurities and replaces minerals), botanicals and essential oils that are applied to tone and firm delicate breast skin tissue. Exfoliates and removes lymphatic congestion commonly present in the breast area. Indicated for post-pregnancy/lactation, post-surgery, during weight loss, post-mammogram, for loose tissue and general prevention and firming.
1. Have client lie face up on the treatment table. Cleanse the bust and chest area with a thalassotherapy product that contains algae and fango.
2. Add steam.
3. Perform extractions on the chest, if necessary.
4. Perform a massage on the chest area to relax muscles and stimulate blood flow.
5. Next, add thalassotherapy mask on the bust and chest area and leave on for 20 minutes. You may perform a hand or foot massage
during this time.
6. Remove the mask with warm towels.
7. Select the appropriate SPF moisturizing cream and apply to the area.
time: 45 minutes
Smooth Synergy, New York City,
"We've been very busy with this treatment, and people are still asking for it, even going into colder weather," says Smooth Synergy co-owner Nicole Cantos, who recommends clients buy a series of 20 sessions. Trademarked to Smooth Synergy, the not-just-a-novelty service has drawn plenty of media and consumer attention.
service summary: Our three-step system for maintaining a perfectly polished derriere! To begin, the sensitive skin of the derriere is exfoliated. Next, microcurrent therapy is used on the skin to lift and tone the derriere. This very rich and pampering service delivers anti-inflammatory results and leaves the skin smoother and more toned. As the finishing touch, the entire body is given an organic spray tan to achieve that total bombshell look.
1. Have client lie facedown on table. Exfoliate using Smooth Synergy's Papaya Body Scrub on the derriere and back of the thighs. (Use towels to cover areas not being worked on.) This will dissolve surface debris, detoxify skin and clean pores.
2. Attach microcurrent probes to the client's upper and lower thighs. Start at a lower level, and after about 15 minutes, increase current strength. Client will feel a massage or pulling sensation on the skin. The compressions will help lessen a lumpy appearance and release fluid build-up around the skin cells. Effects from one session can last up to 8 hours. Continue microcurrent for a total of 45 minutes.
3. Finish service with a SunFX spray tan, which uses mineral salt bronzers. The tan and drying process will take 5-10 minutes and a natural-looking tan will continue to develop for up to 12 hours.
time: 90 minutes