The Body Klinic, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, www.thebodyklinic.com
Dubbed "Beauty at the Beach," this facial for the bikini area is targeted toward spring breakers, holiday travelers, and summer sunbathers. Esthetician Danielle Kunkel says the steps are similar to a regular facial, with emphasis on exfoliation to prevent ingrowns. Clients would wear the same garments recommended for a bikini wax, or none at all.
service summary: Get ready for the beach with our new Bikini Facial. This service helps in preventing ingrown hairs, rashes and
inflammation. Results are incredible. Combine with any bikini waxing. Includes a complimentary lotion.
1. Gently cleanse bikini area to remove dead cells and oils, and remove with a warm towel.
2. Add steam to the area.
3. Brush exfoliating scrub onto area; remove with warm towels.
4. Depending on client, add high frequency or use Ultrasonic machine, directing current over the bikini area. This will diminish ingrowns.
5. Apply a customized mask to soothe area; remove with warm towels.
6. Apply a hydrating mask to firm and tone the bikini area; remove with warm towels.
7. If client prefers, finish the service with a moisturizing lotion, although no lotion is
preferable if service is combined with waxing.
time: 45 minutes