Renowned Make-up Artist Sonia Kashuk says taking care of your brushes and your case is critical. Here, she offers up some tips on how to properly care for your make-up supplies.
- Tip 1: Brushes should be washed every night. Use a sponge and brush cleanser to rinse them and lay flat to dry overnight.
- Tip 2: After each job or at least once a week take everything out of your make-up case and wipe it all down. Buy new cases often so everything looks fresh and new.
- Tip 3: Mascara should be changed out quite often, along with anything that is used around the eye area.
- Tip 4: If you used a brush on a mouth that has any type of breakout you should put it aside and not use it again.
- Tip 5: When choosing a brush, use the same size brush for the size of the space of which you are working. The only time this rule doesn’t apply is when you need a more controlled powder application.