Designer Katie Gallagher called on Cesar Ramirez to lead the hair team for her fall 2012 Collection presented during New York Fashion Week. Cesar, who used T3 tools exclusively backstage to create the “Feral Forest Beauty” look, relied on the T3 Featherweight Luxe dryer, T3 SinglePass flat iron and the T3 SinglePass Twirl Curling Iron to create his nature inspired finish.
"The look is all about the organic woman," says Cesar. "It's all about her self expression and power that comes from her connection to the earth." The hair is swept back and held in place with weavings reminiscent of tree branches and roots. The front is left twisted and disheveled to give the feeling of the texture of the forest. The patterns and soft finish is Cesar's interpretation of nature and wildlife. Cesar offers his steps for professional recreation:
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply texturizing spray throughout the hair and blow dry the hair to add volume.
- Create a horseshoe section at the top of the head and isolate.
- Direct the rest of the hair to the back of the head and secure with bobby pins.
- Twist the lengths down in a gently twisted bun.
- Return to the isolated horseshoe and backcomb the root.
- At the front hairline, take four subsections.Bend each section and pin down.
- Take the remaining section, bend and pin.
- Spray the surface and then pull out gently to create a texturized, softened finish.