Pivot Point International has announced the launch of Meta:Men, the latest installment of the company’s totally new salon educational brand created to satisfy the growing demands on hair designers for more men’s hair styles and variations. This collection provides a range of looks from classic to trendy for every type of client.
Meta: Men offers a body of work featuring four classic looks, four contemporary looks and shear-over-comb techniques to inspire stylists and provide fresh ideas to share with male clients. The versatile designs in Meta: Men are suitable for busy professional lives and offer easy transitions to trendy, low-maintenance looks for nightlife and weekends.
FOR THE FULL STEPS AND VISUALS CONTACT PIVOT POINT FOR THE FULL META:MEN COLLECTION.
1. Section with a horseshoe-shaped parting above the crest area.
2. Begin at the right sideburn area. Use the wide teeth of a large comb to project the hair at 90 degrees. Angle the comb for a high line of inclination and move the clippers across the comb. Slowly move the comb upward and outward between clipper strokes to create a high line of inclination.
3. Work toward the ear with the clipper-over-comb technique.
4. Tilt the head forward and work through the back starting at the nape. Continue working toward the left side. Angle the comb slightly to help blend the side and back lengths while maintaining the line of inclination.
5. When you reach the left front side, work from the sideburn area to the sectioning line sculpting high graduation.
6. Return to the right side and switch to the fine teeth of the comb. Position the clippers parallel to the teeth of the comb and refine the high gradation. Work toward and around the ear. Bend the ear forward and refine the perimeter to blend with the sideburn.
7. Then work toward the left. Adjust the position of the comb and clippers to work around the ear and hairline. Check for balance and symmetry as you work.
8. Tilt the head slightly as you work through the nape. Position of the taper comb and shears to blend into the high gradation. Work to the left side.
9. Move to the interior and subdivide with a center part. Visually determine the desired length and angle before continuing.
10. Take a vertical parting above the right ear. Distribute and project at 90 degrees. Position your fingers nonparallel and notch to create a length increase
toward the top.
11. Work toward the front using a mobile design line. Shift the last parting at the fringe back for a length increase toward the face.
12. Connect top lengths starting in the crown. Distribute straight up and notch horizontally. Work toward the front shifting the last parting back for a length increase.
13. Use the comb to lift the hair from diagonal partings while using the taper shears through the midstrand and ends. Work diagonally in one direction and then in the opposite direction to texturize the interior.