The hair look at the Autumn/Winter ’12 Peter Som show in New York represented a new direction for a new season with contrast playing a key role. “The Peter Som collection this season is very pared back and led by strict shapes and colors, so I wanted to create a graphic look that worked with the collection but at the same time was not too harsh," says Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Care and Styling, Wella Professionals. “This look is all about tension; tension from the contrast of the small sleek head shape against the full wildness and texture at the back of the hair, and tension between the shine and precision of the top section against the arid rawness of the longer lengths."
Backstage at Peter Som Show.
Get the Look:
- Prep hair with Wella Professionals Stay Brilliant Color Protecting Lotion and then blow dry hair with a round brush to create texture.
- Section the hair at the front of hair and create a deep side parting. Smooth hair down and spray with Wella Professionals Perfect Setting to create a smooth and sleek finish, comb this through so that the hair is flat to the head and finish with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray—spraying close to the hair to give a ‘gel like’ finish.
- Pull the hair back behind the ears and create a low, tight ponytail at the nape of the neck.
- Spray the ponytail with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray to add texture and twist hair into a bun and secure with hair pins. ‘Set’ hair by applying heat from a blow dryer (a blow dry hood is perfect for this).
- When hair is completely dry, remove the pins and ponytail and allow the bun to come undone so that the hair falls on the back of the head in matte, textured waves.
- To create more volume and texture, lift random sections of the hair, back brush and spray with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.