click image to zoom Stephen Wang says an elegant updo that starts with a strong foundation created by a carefully crafted blowout can take time, but it will allow your client’s look to go all the way from opening gifts under the tree to kissing under the mistletoe.
1. Cleanse the hair thoroughly with Minardi Wash 1: Weightless.
2. On damp hair, apply a dime-size amount of Minardi Subdue to hair lengths. Spritz the root area of the crown with Minardi Root Lift.
3. Blow dry, constantly over-directing each 1-inch section with a 3-inch, round brush.
4. Once dry, wrap the whole head in 2.5-inch velcro rollers, staggering the sections in brick pattern throughout.
5. Set under hood dryer for 20 minutes, then cool.
6. Carefully remove each roller and spray the section with Minardi Finish Flexible Hold Hairspray, adding a “quick kiss” of high heat, low speed with a dryer. The flexible spray will allow the hair to move and give incredible shine.
7. Brush out gently with fingers. Spray lightly as needed.
8. Gather and pin curls into an elegant chignon in back, then finish and frame the face with the balance of the smooth but voluminous locks.