Baker, Creative Director of Neill Family of Businesses and the Paris Parker Creative Team (including Lauren Eiermann, Jami Eastin and Paul Eastin) created this look for the January cover of MODERN SALON. Update your clients’ boring bob with this fresh, mod shape for 2010!
Make-up: Sasha Ahart
Fashion styling: Matthew Arthur (all home designed fashion)
Photography: Stephen Wolter
Before: Dull brown and a raggedy grown-out cut are about to get glam.
1. Apply color along top. Draw through to the ends and process. (Use ½ oz demi dark brown with ½ oz clear gloss and process for 20 minutes. Shampoo and condition.)
2. To cut, direct the hair forward and cut a U-shaped fringe.
3. Continue to direct the hair forward, working back to the crown, cutting to the guide.
4. At the sides comb the hair down and cut at angle from high point of cheek to nape.
5. Blend into the nape. Continue around the back.
6. Round off the back.
7. Pull out sections from along rounds, cutting to create round layers.