For this "Smoke and Mirrors" look, Rosa Hawkins, owner of Di Rosa Haircare, allowed a smoky color to whisper through a clear creamy beige base. Hawkins uses a combination and placement of tones to enhance movement and texture in cuts. Her technique, coupled with the varying tones, brings this razor cut to life with dimension and interest.
- Section out the back starting at the nape and using diagonal forward sections. Using a razor, reduce the hairline so it lies as flat as possible and continue to occipital increasing elevation as you move up the head shape.
- Take 1/4 inch section above the ear and reduce in the same manner as the nape.
- Release top section and over direct to right side and cut length to approximately top of lip.
- Create texture and space by "tipping" throughout the hair using your razor.
- Finish with Goldwell STYLE SIGN Flat Marvel straightening balm and Goldwell STYLE SIGN 4 Unlimitor wax spray.
- Using Goldwell Silk Lift Strong and @0 volume, lighten the hair to palest yellow.
- Detail 1: Goldwell Elumen Hair Color SV@10 40 ml. 3 drops BL@all.
- Detail 2: Goldwell Elumen Hair color AB@9 20 ml. GB@9 20 ml.
- Detail 3: Goldwell Colorance 60 ml. Core Lotion 15 ml. 10BS 15 ml. 10 cream.
- Alternate Detail 1 and 2 in a pinwheel fashion along the top and crown.
- Process for 30 minutes, shampoo, towel dry.
- Apply Detail 3 all over and process for 15 minutes, rinse and style.