Dean Banowetz, celebrity hairdresser, founder of the INSTYLER and all around great guy, stopped by Modern's ARTIST SESSION to give some insider tricks and moral support. Lately Dean has been creating a lot of vintage waves for his famed clientele for red carpet events, appearances and television spots. Using the INSTLYER IQ, Dean showed HOW TO create the Perfect Vintage Wave. "It is perfect for wedding and prom season," says Dean. "It's fun and easy and makes a dramatic statement."
1. Pull out a horizontal section. Comb through to smooth and remove tangles.
2. Take a 3/4 inch INSTYLERIQ and place the section base around the barrel, pinching for a bit of a rotation.
3. Wrap to the end of the section, but make sure to pinch the end and hold out from the iron for a straight tail.
4. Close to activate the rotating barrel and hold for a couple of seconds.
6. Give a tug and voila! A perfect vintage wave.
The INSTYLERIQ is the INSTYLER designed for the professional. The IQ comes in 2 sizes: 3/4 and 1 1/4 inch barrels. Other features: Dual Auto Rotation of the barrel, higher heat and removable bristles for sanitation! It's great...A second video is included with more information (it's when it was first introduced!)
Dean askes that you all follow him on twitter: @deanbanowetz, and instagram: dbano