To know curls is to love curls. That is the philosophy behind Ouidad’s trademarked styling technique, Rake & Shake. According to the company, the trick is to create the curl pattern while hair is damp and let locks dry naturally or with a diffuser set to low heat.
1. Gently squeeze out excess water and blot with a towel.
2. Using outstretched fingers or the Ouidad Double Detangler comb, add a leave-in conditioning spray such as Botanical Boost to seal in moisture.
3. Divide hair into 4-6 sections.
4. Rub a nickel-sized dollop of styling product such as Curl Quencher Moisturizing Styling Gel between palms and work through each section. Separate fingers on one hand and “rake” the section from scalp to ends, spreading the styling gel throughout each section.
5. When you reach the end of the hair, gently “shake” the hair back and forth to create curl. Continue througout the remaining sections.
6. Diffuse hair or let it dry naturally.