We all know the real reason you tuned into the Super Bowl XLVI Sunday evening—to see Madonna perform during the halftime show, of course!
Just kidding. But Madonna certainly knows how to put on a show. And, the best part? She looked like she was having a blast on stage. Madonna wowed watchers with long lashes and dramatic make-up as an Egyptian queen during "Vogue," cheered her head off for "L-U-V" alongside Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. (and her thunder-stealing middle finger), joined LMFAO for "Music," and paired up with Cee Lo Green for "Like a Prayer."
When MODERN posted pics on Facebook of Madonna's bouncy waves, our fans (more than 45,000 of you!) went wild! Kudos to Wella stylist Andy LeCompte for creating the look.
Madonna’s "mane man," Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte, trekked his way to Indianapolis to create the super on-trend waved style seen on the pop queen as she entered the stage for a show-stoppoing Vogue performance.
“Madonna’s look demanded something fit for a Queen,” says stylist, Wella Professionals Celebrity Ambassador Andy LeCompte. “We tried a couple variations in rehearsals with texture and size of waves. We played with the tightness and looseness of the curls, and also the amount of volume to see what would work best. We even discussed bangs!”
Photo courtesy Wella Professionals
LeCompte provided the following hair care products he used on Madonna for the Super Bowl, and a mini step-by-step on how you can recreate this look on your clients:
1. Wash hair with Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner to maximize volume and shine.
2. Then, blow dry the hair completely smooth with a ceramic brush.
3. Spray hair evenly with light application of Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray and separate hair into small, 2” sections and use a medium barrel curling iron to create bouncy curls.
4. Lift the root area with a tail comb and aerate the hair shaft with fingers to soften the look.
5. Spritz the hair with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray for an allover glow.
6. Set with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray to control flyaways, and give hair hold.