Coco Rocha embodied punk rock couture at the 2013 Met Ball wearing a one-of-a-kind Emanuel Ungaro by Fausto Puglisi gem-encrusted leopard dress.
To complement the fashion, hairdesigner Veronica Chu (for Moroccanoil) went edgy and fun.
“Coco’s dress is stunning," says Chu. "It is full of drama and excess – a perfect fit for the gala! Because of the high neck, we avoided big, voluminous hair. We opted for a clean low French twist ponytail accessorized at the back with the same firefly gems used on the dress. Coco usually doesn’t wear bangs, so we incorporated an extreme 'V' fringe to add a punk rock edge, completing the hair look.”
Chu offers the HOW TO:
1. Wash the hair with Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo and Conditioner, then prep with Moroccanoil Treatment to add shine and smoothness.
2. Apply one pump of Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and rake through with fingers.
3. Lightly mist the hair with Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection.
4. Using a Moroccanoil Round Brush, blow dry the hair to make sure the ends are smooth and straight.
5. Flat iron the hair in one inch sections for a super sleek look.
6. For the fringe, section off the first 1/3 of the crown and cut the hair into a deep “V” to ensure the tip is in line with the nose.
7. Apply one pump of Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to help smooth the hair as it is pulled back.
8. Bend the hair into a low French twist.
9. Secure the hair with bobby pins inside the twist, and let fall naturally into a low ponytail at the nape of her neck.
10. Mist hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium for a flexible hold.
12. To tie the look together, add firefly gems just above the ponytail twist and then mist the hair again, this time with Moroccanoil Hairspray Strong to secure the hair. Finish the look with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray to give the style a wet, shiny, punk rock texture.