1. Shampoo hair after is has been prelightened to a pale yellow. Now add the base
color: Gloss Sync, equal parts 8CG and 9CG together making a translucent apricot,
blended with dedicated developer. Apply fi rst to the root area in ½ inch sections.
2. Draw through to the ends, process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Rinse and dry 80%.
3. Apply accent tone to fringe. Blend equal parts Logics Primary Yellow and
Primary Red concentrate.
4. Apply color from mid lengths to ends. Seal the foil to protect other strands.
5. Place two slices back to back. Process for 20 minutes and then shampoo
6. Comb the hair as it is to be worn. Begin the cut around the front of the
ear. Cut against the skin to define the line.
7. Then pull the ear forward and cut behind the ear, defi ning the
line, blending forward.
8. Go to the face frame and cut to defi ne the line from the
temple to the fringe.
9. Soften the line below the parietal by blending using the
scissor over comb technique.
10. Continue back to the nape, softening all the strands below
the rounds of the head. Defi ne the perimeter at the nape
with a clipper.
Stenson used the Gloss Sync shades as an overall toning color palette incorporating block color placement. The fringe is the focal point and hero. Playing with shapes and color together, and working with the active and inactive parts of the hair, the duo create a fresh structure and movement.