1. Prelighten the hair. Prepare three different colors. There will
be a base shade with an accented fringe. The base color is
Gloss Sync 9V (a violet) blended with dedicated 10-volume
developer. Begin at the fringe. Direct a ½-inch section
forward and apply the violet base shade to the root.
2. Now apply Logics Primary blue from the mids to the ends.
3. Cover the ends with Primary blue, red and clear, blended
to create a purple effect. This accent shade is applied in
fringe area only.
4. As you work toward the crown, apply the purple shade to
the ends for a dramatic, layered shading.
5. While processing, apply the 9V (violet base shade) to the
rest of the hair.
6. Process for 20 minutes, then shampoo and condition.
7. Begin slide cutting below the rounds. Start at the front,
slide cutting from the lengths along the rounds down to
8. Blend down to the nape, tapering to the ends.
9. Scissor over comb along the rounds.
10. Take the top of the hair and lift straight up. Using a
texturizing shear, cut in to the ends to soften and blend.
Stenson and Carver kept the same bold burst of tone complemented with the fluidity of the hair cut. Using the Gloss Sync shades as all-over color, platinum is taken to new levels with a violet hue.