1. Towel dry hair after using a clarifying shampoo. Begin the cut in back. Comb down the hair below the occipital and cut slight U shape.
2. Work up the back of the head with slight projection.
3. As you continue through the cut, occasionally drop the projection and cut into
the ends to “distort.”
4. Continue to “distort” by directing lengths forward and chipping at ends.
5. Lift up sections as you make your way up the head. Cut deep into the ends or cut
at mid section to create movement.
6. Direct front and sides forward. Cut to create an angled shape at jaw.
7. Direct the top forward and slice along the ends.
8. Dry hair at natural fall, and slice along the surface to desired shape and texture.
9. Lift up the top section. Twist sections and chip at mid section.
10. Direct the fringe forward. Chip along the ends to the desired length.
11. Semipermanent color is placed along ends only, using a brush and bowl.
Formula: PM Shines 9N and 9Y with dedicated developer. Massage color into the
hair. Process for 10-20 minutes, shampoo and condition. Apply Steady Grip and
blow dry with fingers.
Here, April Barton presents her triple threat of styling options to boost your men’s-focused business.