GLAAD kicked off its annual media awards in NYC with Glee star Naya Rivera (cheerleader Santana) as host. Celeb stylist Brian Magallones used René Furterer to make her shine both on the red carpet and on stage, and shares with us how he created the look.
RED CARPET LOOK
Inspired by Magallones red dress, decided to put Rivera's hair up in a soft, “messy” bun. “Centering Naya’s bun midway between the crown and the nape gave it a very modern look,” says Magallones.
1. Shampoo hair with René Furterer KARITÉ intense nourishing shampoo followed by René Furterer KARITÉ intense nourishing mask.
2. Mist the hair with VOLUMEA volumizing conditioning spray – no rinse and then run René Furterer VEGETAL MOUSSE throughout hair before blow-drying.
3. Curl the hair with a 1-inch curling iron and create a ponytail midway between the nape and the crown.
4. Twist a bun around the base, making sure the bun doesn't look too perfect.
5. To finish the look, apply René Furterer GLOSSING SPRAY for shine and René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY to keep the hair in place.
For the awards show, Magallones was inspired by Rivera's navy blue dress with 1950’s flair. “I decided that loose, voluptuous hair was the best look to go with this dress,” he says.
1. Building on the first look, hair has base with René Furterer VEGETAL MOUSSE "so I simply re-curled hair, this time using a 1 ½-inch barrel curling iron."
2. To soften the curl, the hair is brushed out with a Mason Pearson brush.
3. Flyaways were smoothed away using a small amount of René Furterer STYLING WAX.
4. Finally, for hold, René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY is sprayed on the hair and then and topped off with René Furterer GLOSSING SPRAY.