Katherine Heigl starred on the Emmy's Red Carpet last night in anticipation of her new series this Fall "State of Affairs." Celebrity Stylist, David Babaii was inspired to create the elegance of a modern day Grace Kelly for her red carpet appearance. Using the ghd curve, a soon to be released collection of four curling tools featuring patented tri-zone technology, Babaii created a classic Hollywood look for Heigl.
"I am thrilled to debut this brand new range of innovative curling tools on Katherine for the Emmy Awards that will be launching this Fall," says Babaii, the newly appointed North American brand ambassador for ghd. "I used the ghd Curve Styler's Soft Curl Tong, the barrel shape is able to to create soft tumbling waves which is the look I was going for with Katherine tonight. I demand the best for my clients, and with ghd tools in my kit, I know that my clients will have a good hair day, every day...and especially when walking the red carpet on the day of The Emmy's!"
David Babaii provides step by step tips below on how you can offer your clients a Red Carpet-worthy look:
- On damp hair, apply ghd Total Volume Foam from roots to ends.
- Use a professional performance hairdryer, (Babaii uses the ghd Air), and Round Ceramic Brush to create a smooth finish.
- Top with a small amount of ghd Smooth Finish Serum.
- Next use a 1 1/4” Soft Curl Tong from the ghd Curve styling range, separating the hair into random sections throughout whole head. Leave the tips of the hair out so that the curls look more undone.
- Use fingers to form the curls
- Pull the hair into a bun on the middle of the head and secure with bobby pins.
- Set in place with firm hold hair spray.