"Breaking Bad" star, Betsy Brant’s lovely updo at the Emmy Awards had gorgeous detail in the back, a flattering lift in the front and was styled by Wella Top Artist Dean Roybal. It was elegant and on-purpose and her overall look was a glam grand slam. Here's how Roybal created the style:
1. Apply a dime size amount of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to towel dried hair from mid shaft to the ends and comb through for even distribution.
2. Apply Wella Professionals Natural Volume Mousse at the roots, combing through the ends.
3. Use a medium size round brush to blow dry the hair and pin set the in hair seven sections (see diagram below).
4. Backcomb each of the seven sections of hair to create a base for the style.
5. Create a ponytail using the middle section on the back of the head (section 5).
6. To create the foundation for the upstyle, twist sections to the right and left of the ponytail (sections 6 and 7), building soft texture in each section. Secure each section at ponytail base.
7. Continue twisting hair, section by section and securing at the base of the ponytail (beginning with section 5 and moving on to sections 4, 3 and 2) until all of the hair has been secured.
8. Lift and pull back the center section the front of the head (section 1) for soft texture.
9. Finish the look with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray for hold and shine.