click image to zoomGetty ImagesNEW YORK, NY - MAY 05: Model Chrissy Teigen attends the "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 5, 2014 in New York City. (Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images)
Macadamia Natural Oil’s International Creative Director and Editorial & Celebrity Hair Stylist, Giannandrea styled model Chrissy Teigen for the 2014 MET GALA celebrating the opening of the Charles James: Beyond Fashion exhibition.
Teigen dazzled in a custom-designed Ralph Lauren Collection gown embellished with Swarovski crystals and an organza-ruffled halter. Her up-do, inspired by Sophia Loren in the 1960s, was the result of careful styling as well as pre-event prep; Giannandrea had Teigen use Macadamia’s Deep Repair Masque the night prior to improve elasticity and add shine.
To style Chrissy Teigen’s do, Giannandrea used Macadamia’s Volumizing Dry Shampoo to add body and shape as well as to set hair. Giannandrea gives five easy steps on how to achieve Teigen’s glamorous look:
1. Blow-dry hair with round bristle brush and set in hot Velcro rollers
2. Uncurl Rollers and brush out hair spraying Volumizing Dry Shampoo to create dry texture and add volume
3. Create a deep-side part, blow-drying front bangs forward and sweeping bangs across face
4. Back-brush and tease hair at the crown of head, side and back of head
5. Pin hair up in the back into a French-twist