Prep first: “For this look, the hair needs body,” says Stephen Wang. “Cleanse with Minardi Wash 1: Weightless. On towel-dried hair, emulsify two drops of Minardi Glisten Drops and distribute evenly, avoiding the root area. Scrunch three pumps of Minardi Abundance Volumizing Foam into the damp hair. Blow dry with a 3-inch round brush. Then spray lightly with Minardi Finish and brush out.
1. When hair is completely dry, start this versatile style with either a side part or center part.
2. Section the hair lengths in three panels.
3. In each panel, create a tight fishtail braid.
4. On the ends, use a tail comb to tease so the braid won’t separate and then use your fingers to massage the fishtail braid for a loose, slightly messy result.
5. Starting from the end of the braid, finger-tease to the root area, holding the braid at a 90 degree angle.
6. Interweave the three panels as you make your way down the hair lengths, twisting the hair into flower shapes and securing with pins.
TIP: For a more formal holiday party, create the panels in the center of nape, marrying the three fishtails together lower on the head for a classic evening look. Or, for a fun cocktail party, braid the fishtails to one side and focus the pinned hair above the ear for off-to-the-side glamour.