Stephen Wang calls this look “the glamorous counter to the beach wave,” the perfect option for a sophisticated event with its formal, deliberate placement of polished loose curls.
1. Cleanse the hair with Minardi System 2: Balancing, to smooth the hair cuticle.
2. Apply Minardi Abundance to towel dried hair.
3. Blow dry with an extra-large ceramic round brush.
4. Spray the entire head with Minardi Finish to achieve a soft wave.
5. Select a 1-inch standard Marcel iron, set to the highest heat setting.
6. Start to section on a diagonal angle behind the ear moving to the back.
7. Wrap each section around the barrel at a 45 degree angle to create a spiral curl. Follow this pattern throughout, slightly varying the size of each section.
8. Spray Minardi Finish generously over the head. Allow the hair to cool for 5 minutes.
9. Then hold a Mason Pearson brush vertically to brush out the hair.
10. Using hands, emulsify a dime-size amount of Minardi Pieces Soft Hold Pomade and work through lengths with fingers for a sleek hold.
TIP: Spray the back of a tail comb with hairspray and use it to smooth fly-a-ways in the crown.