click image to zoom butter LONDON’s Global Colour Ambassador Katie Jane Hughes was on hand to create the nail and make-up look backstage during New York Fashion Week at Libertine’s 2014 show.
Libertine’s A/W ‘14 collection was colorful, heavily embellished and showcased a variety of textures—along with the introduction of fur. The Libertine girl is glam, goth and a bit of a party girl who has been digging around in diamonds.
The Make-up Look:
• Skin: Prep skin with moisturizer and apply concealer (Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage) around the nose and on blemishes.
• Cheeks: Contour hollows of the cheek using butter LONDON Cream Bronzer in Bit Faker (available Summer ’14) with a tapered contour brush from Real Techniques.
• Eyes: Curl lashes and then apply butter LONDON WINK Mascara in Union Jack Black; using freshly sharpened Union Jack Black Eye Pencil draw out the line of the wing and fill in, then cover the lid up to the crease and blend with a soft brush whilst keeping the wing defined—clean up the wing edges with pointed q-tips and a bit of moisturizer; press Jet Black Shadow from butter LONDON (out Fall/Winter ’14) over the pencil and blend upward toward the brow bone; saturate bottom lash line with butter LONDON Eye Pencil in Alabaster Gaze (out April ’14) then layer the Alabaster Gaze Cream Shadow to create a starlight effect.
• Brows: Groom upwards using the new butter LONDON Hydrating Balm (rub a mascara wand on the tip of the balm and brush upward).
• Lips: Apply the new LIPPY Lip Balm in Teddy Boy to and press in with fingertip to make it matte.
The Nail Look: Katie applied butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in The Black Knight to the tips of the press on nails. She then applied butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Diamond Geezer at the base of the nail to meet up with the black at the tips. Katie used Nail Lacquer in Stardust and the new Nail Lacquer in Anorak, a black, white and silver chunky glitter overcoat (available in March 2014) over the entire nail. While the nails were still wet, Katie completed the look by applying holographic, diamond-shaped glitter to the tip of the nails.