Ric Pipino, Babyliss guest artist, celebrity stylist and owner of Pipino Salon in New York City, creates a sophisticated, timeless cut.
Hair: Ric Pipino, assisted by Hector Apodaca
Hair color: Sean Gallagher, Pipino Salon colorist
Photography: Roberto Ligresti
Make-up: David Maderich, davidmaderich.com
Fashion styling: David Widjaja
Before: The model's hair had little shape.
1. Begin with a blunt cut on wet hair. Comb down and cut against the skin to the desired length.
2. Cut over the shoulder, blending into the sides using one-inch horizontal sections.
3. Direct the front forward slightly. Cut to blend in to the existing fringe.
4. Direct the fringe forward and elevate. Cut at an angle to the desired length.
5. Blend back to the crown, overdirecting and cutting to the guide.
6. Now lift up from the crown and cut to leave long layers.
7. Blow dry using a rounded brush, blowing up to leave a gentle flip at the end and volume at the root.
8. Pull up sections and point cut mid way to the end on dry hair.
9. Lower sections and point cut into the section. Point cut ends. Flip up over fingers and point cut into the ends. Blend throughout.
Flip up over fi ngers and point-cut into the ends. Blend throughout.
For a second look: take small vertical sections and wrap around a medium-sized
curling iron. Blend throughout the hair.
Now take each section and pull straight up from the head. Backcomb the base
For a more dramatic effect from the front, separate the hair
in the back and pin forward.
PRODUCTS AND TOOLS
Blower: Volare, BabylissPRO, V1
Shampoo/Conditioner: Daily by Revolution in Cut
Brushes: Jilbere Ceramic
Styling products: Lift Me and Long Layer Primer by Revolution in Cut
Flatiron: Diamond Titanium by BabylissPRO
Nail polish: OPI “I’m Suzi and I’m a Chocoholic”
Blush and foundation: Beauty Addicts
Mascara: Your Name Cosmetics
“It’s a perfect mixture of
long layers and graduation
from a blunt cut.”
Beaded tulle ball gown by
Valentino; necklace by Dannijo
“I wanted to create a
warm, rich brown, but keep
the color natural with
beachy highlights the sun