The Met Ball has become known as "The Oscars for Fashion". Every top star shows up to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC in her finest, capped by her best "do". Creighton Bowman (for Rene Furterer) spent the afternoon creating the coif for Glee star Dianna Agron. His secret weapon: Rene Furterer Dry Shampoo. We met with Creighton at the "star" entrance to get some background on the look:
“We decided that a ‘20s-inspired style evoking the Jazz Baby era was perfectly in sync with the silent-screen siren cut of the gown,” says Creighton. “But rather than go with the super sleek look of the Roaring Twenties, I wanted to keep Dianna’s hair modern and create a style with a more touchable texture."
Creighton offers the HOW TO:
1. Starting with towel-dried, damp hair, I sprayed Dianna’s hair from roots to ends with René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing conditioning spray. This not only helps to give hair more body, it also moisturizes to keep hair incredibly soft.
2. Next, I worked a little René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing foam–no rinse at the roots and hairline. I love the way the foam adds more lift without leaving hair sticky or crunchy.
3. Using my Babyliss blow-dryer, I rough-dried Dianna’s hair to create as much volume as possible. For extra oomph, I had Dianna turn her head upside down—the force of the air from the blow-dryer through the hair in this position really pumps up the volume.
4. Once hair was dry, I made a deep side part. After sectioning hair, I used a Babyliss half-inch curling iron to do a finger-wave set, giving each wave a light spritzing of René Furterer GLOSSING SPRAY for movie star shine. GLOSSING SPRAY also helps to moisturize.
5. Using my Mason Pearson flat brush, I brushed out waves and gave hair a quick blast with René Furterer NATURIA dry shampoo, allowing it to set for two minutes before whisking it out with a brush. This helps to texturize the loosened up waves.
6. Last, I pinned up the back with both bobby pins and hair pins, letting the front pieces fall out to give the illusion of an A-line bob. A misting of René Furterer FINISHING SPRAY held the look in place throughout the gala evening. The fabulous finishing touch: a glittering Carolina Herrera diamond pin added Met Ball-worthy glam.