Famed celebrity stylist Mary Brunetti is also one of the finest educators in the industry. For the past 10 years she has been educating the Sally Hershberger staff, teaching the latest in cut, style and design. As Artistic Director for Intercoiffure, she offers inspiration to some of the top stylists and salon owners in North America. Her updo's are legendary and the good news...Brunetti loves to share her knowledge.
In this short video (about 2 1/2 minutes) Brunetti gives the steps to creating a classic French Twist. It's a perfect HOW TO.
1. Set the hair in a classic roller set to prep the hair.
2. Back comb at the root to create a foundation.
3. Smooth the hair over the backcombing.
4. Bobby pin up from the nape, criss crossing to secure.
5. Pleat the hair. Gather the hair and smooth over the pins.
6. Pin to secure into the first pins. Spray to secure.