Mara Roszak was tapped to create the finished look for Emma Stone for the 2012 Met Ball. Keeping her look feminine yet playful, Mara (using Matrix products) created a modern, loose bun with a side swept fringe which she described as "doll-like".
Here she offers how she got to the finished look:
- Starting with damp hair, applied MATRIX Total Results Amplify Wonder Boost Root Lifter evenly throughout hair for all-over volume without weighting it down
- Blew-out hair with medium-sized bore bristle brush for a soft, natural finish
- Applied MATRIX Design Pulse Mega Dust to the roots for extra texture, volume and hold
- Gathered hair at the top of the head in a pony-tail. Secured with elastic, letting the front and side pieces around the hairline loosely fall out for a wispy, feminine look.
- With a soft brush or comb, gently teased the roots of the pony tail to add more volume
- Loosely pinned hair into an undone bun shape, crisscrossing bobby pins for extra hold
- Gently swooped bangs across forehead, securing them to the side with Lanvin hair accessory
- Sprayed MATRIX Total Results Amplify Hairspray all over for all-night hold
- Finished off the look with Biolage colorcarethérapie Shine Shake Spray for a high-gloss, chic finish