Marinello Schools of Beauty announced 23 winners of the sixth annual Raw Talent Scholarship competition. Co-sponsored by Wella, Marinello’s Raw Talent competition identifies outstanding high school seniors and provides them with the opportunity to pursue a dream career in the exciting and lucrative beauty industry by granting scholarships to a highly sought-after education at Marinello Schools of Beauty. To date, Marinello Schools of Beauty has donated more than $100,000 annually in high school scholarships to students enthusiastic about beauty education.
“The combination of raw talent and passion for a career in beauty underscores the core values of this scholarship,” said Marinello Schools of Beauty Vice President of Education Karyn Laitis. “We are thrilled to reward these truly talented students the opportunity to learn and develop their skills with an education at Marinello.”
Applicants across the United States entered the Raw Talent Scholarship competition, vying for $10,000 scholarships, $5,000 scholarships and three one-day professional beauty workshops (Bridal Makeup, Sunless Tanning and Airbrush Tattoo) worth more than $1,000. The Raw Talent Scholarship competition was divided into two parts: the first part required applicants to write an essay about making a difference in the beauty and wellness industry; the second part of the application involved hands-on participation, where applicants showcased hairstyling or makeup application at their local campus.
Marinello Schools of Beauty congratulates its 2014 Raw Talent Scholarship recipients:
Southern California Region
• Candice Gomez, Esperanza High School, Anaheim, Calif. - $10,000 First Place Winner
• Anamarie Sanchez, Liberty High School, Bakersfield, Calif. - $10,000 First Place Winner
• Bernice Martinez, Independence High School, Bakersfield, Calif. - $5,000 Second Place Winner
• Sydney Sandoval, Granite Hills High School, El Cajon, Calif. - $5,000 Third Place Winner
• Shayla Gonzales, Esperanza High School, Anaheim, Calif. - $5,000 Fourth Place Winner
• Yajahyra Moreno, Temecula Valley High School, Temecula, Calif. - $5,000 Fifth Place Winner
• Chelsea Brown, Hesperia High School, Hesperia, Calif. – 3 One-Day Professional Beauty Workshops – Bridal Makeup, Sunless Tanning, Tattoo & Scar Cover-up (over $1,000 in value) Sixth Place Winner
• Wendy Gatica, Tahquitz High School, Hemet, Calif. – 3 One-Day Professional Beauty Workshops – Bridal Makeup, Sunless Tanning, Tattoo & Scar Cover-up (over $1,000 in value) Seventh Place Winner