Marinello, a nationwide chain of beauty schools offering Cosmetology, Esthetics and Manicuring education, announced 17 winners in its fourth annual Raw Talent Scholarship program. Marinello’s Raw Talent scholarships and prizes will give high school seniors passionate about a career in beauty a competitive edge in this exciting and lucrative field.
Hundreds of applicants across the U.S. entered Marinello’s 2012 Raw Talent Scholarship contest. For the fourth consecutive year, outstanding area high school seniors displaying remarkable talent for essay writing and makeup application or “updo” styling were awarded $10,000 scholarships, $5,000 scholarships or Professional Makeup Workshops. To date, Marinello Schools of Beauty has donated more than $163,000 in high school scholarships to students enthusiastic about beauty education.
“The talent, dedication and creativity demonstrated by high school seniors competing in the fourth annual Raw Talent Scholarship program is nothing short of exceptional,” says Dr. Nagui Elyas, President, Marinello Schools of Beauty. “Marinello Schools of Beauty has a long-standing commitment to local communities, and we are dedicated to helping students achieve their dream of a career in beauty. We are proud to welcome 17 gifted youths into our Marinello family.”
Marinello Schools of Beauty congratulates its 2012 Raw Talent Scholarship recipients:
- Yasmeen Frierson, San Bernardino, Calif. - $10,000 First Place Winner
- Shana Wilson, Lomita, Calif. - $10,000 First Place Winner
- Brianna Lee, Redding, Calif. - $10,000 First Place Winner
- Janeese Mitchell, Portland, Ore. - $10,000 First Place Winner
- Marysha Farmer, San Bernardino, Calif. - $5,000 Second Place Winner
- Jazzmine Pedroza, Concord, Calif. - $5,000 Second Place Winner
- Kelsie Glassford, Provo, Utah - $5,000 Second Place Winner
- Itzayana Eguia, San Diego, Calif. - $5,000 Third Place Winner
- Ashley Smith, Redding, Calif. - Professional Makeup Workshop Third Place Winner
- Aubree Schill, Provo, Utah - Professional Makeup Workshop Third Place Winner
- Jessica Lear, Moreno Valley, Calif. - $5,000 Fourth Place Winner
- Malasya McDonald, Hayward, Calif. - Professional Workshop Fourth Place Winner
- Cristina Caudillo, Lake Forest, Calif. - $5,000 Fifth Place Winner
- Hillary Harris, Redding, Calif. - Professional Makeup Workshop Fifth Place Winner
- Sarah Erwin, San Diego, Calif. - Professional Makeup Workshop Sixth Place Winner
- Amanda McCall, Hemet, Calif. - Professional Makeup Workshop Seventh Place Winner
- Anna Coelho, Hemet, Calif. - Professional Makeup Workshop Eighth Place Winner
To compete in the Raw Talent High School Beauty Scholarship program, candidates visited their local Marinello Schools of Beauty to complete either an “updo” for those interested in Cosmetology or a full make-up application for those interested in Esthetics. Additionally, applicants submitted an essay about what they will do to make a difference in the beauty industry. The essays were evaluated by the High School Scholarship Committee at Marinello Schools of Beauty’s corporate headquarters and judged on content, creativity, spelling, syntax and grammar.
For more information on Marinello Schools of Beauty, call 800-648-3413.