CHICAGO, June 24/ PRNEWSWIRE -- The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors Association (ICMAD), Palatine, IL, recognized eight member companies for their innovative products, package designs and marketing ideas at the association's fifth annual CITY Awards for Cosmetic Innovators of The Year, held June 19, 2008 in New York City.
On presenting the awards, ICMAD President David Schieffelin of Models Prefer, Ltd., said, "The CITY Awards represent dedication and creativity of ICMAD members and recognize the dynamic contributions that so many independent manufacturing and distributing companies make to the beauty industry."
The CITY Awards, companies and the representatives accepting the awards are:
- CITY Award for Personal Care Product: MD LASH FACTOR, by La Canada Venture Inc., San Mateo, CA. Accepted on behalf of President Dr. Susan Lin.
- CITY Award for Color Cosmetic Product: MILANI RUNWAY EYES SHADOW KIT by Jordana Cosmetics, Los Angeles, CA. Accepted on behalf of Lori Minc.
- CITY Award for Skin Care Product: ROSACALM SKIN SERUM by CBI Laboratories, FORT WORTH, TX. Accepted by President/CEO Pamela Jo Busiek.
- CITY Award for Personal Care Package Design: NEW YORK STREETS by ECRU New York, FAIRLAWN, NJ. Accepted by Founder/CEO Carmen DePasquale.
- CITY Award for Color Cosmetic Package Design: "PENCIL ME IN" EYE LINER PENCILS by Pencil Me In Cosmetics, Oceanside, NY. Accepted by President Linda Rose Eisner.
- CITY Award for Skin Care Package Design: OCLIPSE SUNSCREEN + PRIMER SPF 30 by ZO Skin Health, Rancho Santa Fe, CA. Accepted by President Donna Queen.
- CITY Award for Trade Print Advertisement: SUNFUN TRAVEL SUNSCREEN GIVEAWAY by Hirschhorn & Young Graphics, New York, NY. Accepted by President/CEO Holly Young.
- CITY Award for Website Innovation: THREECUSTOM.COM by Three Custom Color Cosmetics, New York, NY. Accepted by Partners Trae Bodge, Scott Catto & Chad Hayduk.
ICMAD, founded in 1974, is a trade association of independent cosmetic manufacturers, distributors and suppliers of services and components to the cosmetic industry. Approximately 90% of ICMAD's 700 member companies are small, entrepreneurial businesses in the highly creative and competitive cosmetic, toiletry and fragrance field. ICMAD provides a powerful voice for its members to the FDA, in Congress and with consumer groups and the media.