Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies, is currently searching for a Director of Merchandising. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
The Director of Merchandising supervises a staff and is responsible for all efforts related to pricing, product promotion, order quantity and timing, inventory control, product placement in stores and support of shows for a substantial collection of products and / or sales volume. We are currently seeking a candidate for our wholesale CosmoProf division.
- Oversees proper inventories (stock levels) in warehouse(s) to service stores and district sales consultant’s demands (to include: promotional buys and controlling excess service levels.)
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of the ordering process, scheduling and monitoring of beauty supply / salon products, launches and related promotional and marketing materials, including advertising and store displays and plan-o-guides.
- Analyzes order tracking to expedite receipt into warehouse(s) and resolve problems/ issues, by monitoring and ensuring reorders. Establishes monitors and reviews purchasing policies, procedures and practices.
- Attends shows, and review written materials to maintain awareness of new trends and changes in products. Researches material goods and services to improve company productivity and/or lower costs.
- Authorizes purchase orders and sales agreements; recommends material resources to internal customers.
- Responsible for departmental budgeting and facilities forecasting.
- Selects, develops and evaluates staff to ensure efficient operation of the department. Provides direction and leadership to team according to established policies and management guidance
- Monitors and evaluates the success of the training program for all new hire staff and buyer positions.
- College degree (BA or BS), in materials management or related field.
- 10 years experience in a large distribution / retail company preferred.
- 5 plus years of progressively responsible experience in purchasing for professional beauty industry preferred
- Cosmetology degree or salon related experience in hair coloring and chemical services is a plus
- Two or more years experience in product sales or store operations related to health and beauty or professional salon services
- Ideal candidate will have experience in salons, stores, purchasing, product development and professional salon education.
- Advanced knowledge of large company purchasing procedures including information systems
- Excellent PC skills including MS Office
- AS400 experience preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, and 401(k) with company match. Visit https://careers-sallybeauty.icims.com/jobs/
Sally Beauty is an Equal Opportunity Employer.