Five stylists, selected from Sport Clips' team of 10,000 stylists, were invited to the Vegas strip to show off their all-star haircutting skills and creativity in Sport Clips Haircuts’ “The Look” Competition. The event was held live at the hair cut franchise’s recent 20th anniversary national convention called The Huddle. Judges Tommy Callahan of JPMS, Adriana Fournier of American Crew and Ron Villanueva of American Crew carefully watched the timed competition and reviewed the hair design results after finalists cut models’ hair before a 2,000 member crowd at Caesar’s Palace.
Julie Washington of Greenwood, Indiana was selected as “The Look” competition winner. She describes her winning style as “young, fresh and pieced,” inspired by a Sport Clips’ client. As the winner of the competition, Washington received $2,500.00 Her hair design will become a part of Sport Clips’ training nationwide, and a poster representing the style will be placed in stores across the country.
“Some of the best stylists in the country work for Sport Clips, and ‘The Look’ provides them with the opportunity to show off their creativity and skills using our All-Star Haircutting System,” says Julie Vargas, Sport Clips director of Career Opportunities and a licensed stylist with more than 20 years of experience. “Whether it’s the 20’s look that’s roaring back into style, or something contemporary and edgy, Sport Clips stylists brought it to this competition and ‘wowed’ this crowd for our 20th anniversary!”
Sport Clips Haircuts “The Look” National Stylist Competition Results:
- Winner Julie Washington – Greenwood, IN $2,500, shears, clippers, feather razor, and trophy
- 2nd place (runner up) Jessica Albor of West Bountiful, Utah - $1,500, clippers, shears, feather razor, and trophy
- 3rd place (Honorable Mention) Nicole Reed of Marietta, Georgia - $1,000, clippers, feather razor, and trophy
- 4th place - - Mandy Smith of Beaumont - $500 shears, feather razor, and plaque
- 5th place Kylie Thompson of Springfield, Missouri - $500 feather razor and plaque