Dermalogica Introduces Phyto Replenish Oil
Dermalogica's new Phyto Replenish Oil is set for U.S. launch on September 1, 2016. This feather-light facial oil helps to restore the skin’s natural protective barrier, shields against environmental stressors, helps to smooth visible lines, and locks in moisture for all-day dewy skin. Comprised of plant-based active ingredients, Phyto Replenish Oil can be used daily to restore depleted lipids and to achieve a healthy, luminous glow.
Lipids - the natural protective oils that help preserve the skin’s protective barrier and maintain a youthful appearance – diminish with age, leading to dehydration, sensitization, and wrinkles. Environment, diet, stress, and even over-exfoliating can lead to lipid depletion over time, further contributing to a dull, lackluster appearance. Young adult skin can restore its natural barrier lipids in about three days; recovery time in older adults, however, may take over a week, so taking proactive measures to restore lipids is critical to maintaining optimal skin health and appearance.
Ingredients in new Phyto Replenish Oil include:
- Camellia Japonica – Often called the “rose of winter” and derived from a small flowering tree native to Korea and Japan, this antioxidant oil helps strengthen the skin barrier and provides wrinkle-reducing benefits such as stimulating collagen and inhibiting MMPs.
- Tamanu Oil - Extracted from the Ati Tree (a.k.a. “the tree of one thousand virtues”) native to the South Pacific Islands, the phytoactives in this oil are potent antioxidants that inhibit the breakdown of lipid-rich cell membranes from free radicals.
- Chia Seed Oil - Provides antioxidant protection and a concentrated delivery of fatty acids that helps hydrate while soothing dry, itchy skin.
- Orchid Flower extract - Repairs, protects, and locks in moisture while helping to balance skin’s Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF).
- Hyaluronic Acid booster- Hydrates while providing antioxidant and anti-irritant properties
- Sunflower Seed Oil - A rich source of tocopherols (Vitamin E) which are yellow carotenoids that provide excellent antioxidant properties, key to preserving the skin’s protective barrier and defending against free radical damage.
- Rice Bran Oil – Rich in Vitamins B and E, this extract moisturizes, helps protect against UV rays and free radicals, and aids in cellular circulation
Cleanse and then press four to six drops into skin and follow with a Dermalogica Moisturizer or even mix in with the moisturizer. Phyto Replenish Oil can also be mixed with an SPF for daily sun protection or primer for the perfect makeup-up base. Ideal for normal-to-dry skin conditions.
To learn more about Dermalogica®, please visit www.dermalogica.com.