The Nuts and Bolts Training Program has announced the winners of its fourth annual International Business Student of the Year (IBSY) Awards on January 29, 2012 at the International Salon & Spa Expo (ISSE), held at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, CA.
Heather Dalke of the Eric Fisher Academy claimed first place in the cosmetology category, taking home $1,000 in cash and prizes valued at more than $3,000, while Melissa Alvarez of the Eric Fisher Academy won the same prize in the esthetics category.
“It is truly inspiring to see these students so galvanized to be extraordinary using their Nuts and Bolts education,” said Nuts and Bolts President and CEO Jim Yates. “Everyone wants to succeed—that’s no secret; but without the proper foundation and guidelines, it’s like sailing in the dark. And that’s why I’m so gratified to see these students putting in motion all the tools they’ll need to achieve their goals— and our Nuts and Bolts students dream big! I feel like a proud parent.”
Every Nuts and Bolts-affiliated school nominates a top performer to be in the running as an IBSY finalist. The judging criteria is based on: retail sales, up servicing, average ticket sales and customer service. Students also had to impress with a three to five minute video showcasing how they are applying their Nuts and Bolts training to their career goals.
Suzanne Kroon of Cameo, winner of the Sassoon Academy School Connection (SASC) Cut and Color Competition, was also given due recognition at the awards show. Kroon’s cache of prizes includes a five-day ABC Cutting Course at the Sassoon Academy in London.
Finalists of the SASC Cut and Color Competition submitted before and after photos demonstrating their technical skills. The top three winners were handpicked by the Sassoon Academy Creative Team.
The awards ceremony, hosted in conjunction by industry partners Nuts and Bolts and the Sassoon Academy, recognized the technical talents and business acumen of 13 Nuts and Bolts students.
Nuts and Bolts IBSY Winners:
1. Heather Dalke, Eric Fisher Academy, Kansas
2. Meagan Shephard, Evergreen Beauty College, Washington
3. Sarah LaMar, Evergreen Beauty College, Everett
4. Caitlyn Morris, Hays Academy of Hair Design, Kansas
5. Brittany Aldana, Brio Academy, Connecticut
1. Melissa Alvarez, Eric Fisher Academy, Kansas
2. Sarah Burke, Evergreen Beauty College, Washington
3. Tanya Ansley, Avenue Five Institute, Texas
4. Chalese Dixon, Cameo College of Essential Beauty, Utah
5. Maria Herrera, Career Academy of Beauty, California
1. Suzanne Kroon – Cameo College of Essential Beauty, Utah
2. Andrea Phillips - Cameo College of Essential Beauty, Utah
3. Amber Evans – Eric Fisher Academy, Kansas
For more information on the Nuts and Bolts Training Company visit nabtraining.com.