The theme "One Night in Paris" framed the Fall/Winter 2022 New York Fashion Week runway collection presented by Bronx and Banco and topped with hair creations designed by Moroccanoil Artistic Director Kevin Hughes.
Inspired by late Parisian nights, Moulin Rouge, and the electrifying icon of the Vogue Era, the Bronx and Banco team created the fashion collection to embody the sentiment that more is always more. Pulsating to the beat of nostalgic '80s megawatt glamor, the runway show spoke to women who want to stand out in the crowd. What hair looks do you design for that woman?
"This season, the Bronx and Banco collection is so beautiful," Hughes says. "We didn’t want to compete with the clothes, so we decided to shine along with them! We created a super sleek, super glossy ponytail to complement the collection.”
Some of the runway looks and behind the scenes are shown above.
Photography by: Andrew Werner
Hair design by: Kevin Hughes, Moroccanoil Artistic Director
Get the Look: Moroccanoil Ponytail
- On damp hair, apply a dime-sized amount of Moroccanoil Treatment—or, for finer hair and lighter tones, Moroccanoil Treatment Light—from mid-lengths to ends to provide a foundation for styling.
- To protect the hair from all heat styling, apply Moroccanoil Perfect Defense throughout the hair.
- Apply a generous amount of Moroccanoil Smoothing Lotion to the hair globally to defrizz and leave the hair luxuriously smooth.
- Blow the hair out sleek using the Moroccanoil Power Performance Ionic Hair Dryer and Moroccanoil Ceramic 55mm Round Brush.
- Use the Moroccanoil Perfectly Polished Titanium Flat Iron to straighten the hair from root to tip.
- Apply Moroccanoil Styling Gel to polish hair from the part line all the way through to the nape of the neck, leaving the ends dry. Gather the hair at the nape of the neck into a tight, low ponytail, and secure with an elastic band.
- Apply Moroccanoil Molding Cream to smooth the edges of the hairline, if needed.
- Spray a generous amount of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine from the top of the head through the ponytail to give the overall look superior shine.
- Secure the look with an ample amount of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to strengthen the hold.
- Tame the ends and give hair a silky, healthy look using a small amount of the Moroccanoil Mending Infusion.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.