Machine Gun Kelly recently rocked a trending hair look with a feathered style for a roller skating party, created by celebrity hairstylist Bridget Brager (@bridgetbragerhair) using STMNT Grooming products and T3 tools.
“We wanted to recreate a 70s-inspired curly moment to fit the occasion,” Brager says. MGK was accompanied by his partner Megan Fox, who was also dressed and styled for the 70s-themed party. Brager expresses that it was “so fun” to style the couple for their night out.
You can recreate MGK’s throwback hairstyle on your clients with ease by following Brager’s steps below:
Get the Look
1. I started with the STMNT Grooming Spray to add volume and rough-dried the hair.
2. Next, I used my T3 Singlepass Curl 1-inch barrel and defined his natural hair texture around the perimeter of his head. On the top of his head, I over-directed the hair forward and flipped the ends for a feathered effect.
3. I then sprayed the hair with a texture spray to break up the curls.
4. To finish, I used the STMNT Dry Clay by emulsifying the product in between my hands, raking the product through the hair and scrunching.
5. Finally, I detailed any of the pieces I wanted to stand out around the ears and hairline.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.