Celebrity hairstylist Jenny Cho used René Furterer products and T3 tools on Blonde star Ana de Armas for the 2023 Oscars on Sunday, March 12th. Cho used many of the hero products from the brand, which is focused on creating healthier, stronger hair.
"The inspiration for this Oscars look for Ana was her ethereal custom dress from Louis Vuitton," explains Cho. "The bottom of the dress was embellished with what looked like fallen flower petals and morning dew – that’s where I drew my inspiration for her hair. I wanted to showcase her beautiful brown hair against all the lighter palettes. I decided on soft, effortless waves worn falling behind the shoulders and back. The look is powerful yet soft, beautiful and feminine."
Here is Cho's step-by-step for de Armas' look:
René Furterer Pro Tip: As a pre-shampoo treatment, apply the René Furterer Complexe 5 Stimulating Plant Concentrate, the essential first step for optimal scalp and hair health. This warming concentrate formulated with orange and lavender essential oils deeply cleanses and purifies the scalp to reveal naturally beautiful hair from roots to ends. For an irritated scalp, use the Astera Fresh Soothing Freshness Concentrate pre-shampoo treatment which features Asteraceae extract plus Mint and Eucalyptus oils to help soothe and calm while reducing inflammation.
- I gently brushed out the towel-dried hair with T3’s detangling brush to ensure the product could be applied evenly.
- Next, I applied René Furterer STYLE Blowout Balm to smooth the hair, and misted the STYLE Protect Thermal Protecting Spray, to protect strands from the heat.
- I blow dried her hair with the T3 AireLuxe Hair Dryer and T3 Volume 3.0 and Volume 2.5 round brushes, and turned on the Volume Boost Switch, adding a slight body and volume to the crown area and to smooth the tips.
- Hair extensions were added for length, and I cut them to the desired length. We had Cher in mind while this was happening. ;)
- Starting at the nape, I used my new T3 Switch Kit Curl Trio 1 ½ inch clip barrel iron to create soft, lived-in waves. I pinned each curl to cool in order to set for the night ahead. The CeraGloss Ceramic barrels are key to ensure smooth curls that hold throughout the entire night!
- Once the hair was set, I loosened up the curls and misted the hair with René Furterer STYLE Shine Mist and finalized the curls with STYLE Finishing Spray.
Learn more about René Furterer products at renefurtererusa.com and T3 tools at t3micro.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.