The inaugural Iles Formula Masterclass for salon professionals was held on Sunday, April 30th at the Kimpton Everly Hotel in Hollywood, Los Angeles. The
event was hosted by celebrity hairstylist and founder of Iles Formula, Wendy Iles with guest artists Victoria Hunter, Celebrity Colorist and Founder of
Whittemore House Hair Paint, Benjamin Mohapi, Celebrity Hairstylist and Founder of Benjamin Salons LA + NYC, and Andy LeCompte, Celebrity Hairstylist and Founder of the Andy LeCompte Salon in LA, all of whom were amongst the very first Iles Formula salons when the brand first launched.
Each artist recreated some of their most iconic looks and shared their techniques using the Iles Formula Collection with a focus on the brand’s styling formulas; the Finishing Serum, Curl Revive and soon to be launched Intensive Hair + Body Balm.
Iles Formula salon stylists were invited from across the country with guests travelling from as far as New York and Cape Cod, to Louisiana and Texas to name a few.
- Wendy Iles:
- Styling - The Iles Formula Signature Blowout
- Cutting - Chin + Cheek Bangs (see Jane Birkin reference attached)
- Victoria Hunter:
- Hair paint techniques on 3-dimensional blonde, lived-in blonde, and petrol blue
- Benjamin Mohapi:
- Billie Eilish’s Marilyn Monroe look from the Met Gala, using the Iles Formula Finishing Serum
- Old Hollywood Glamour from the 20s, 30s and 40s
- Andy LeCompte:
- Madonna’s braids from the Grammy’s, using the Iles Formula Intensive Hair + Body Balm
- Tom Ford’s SS23 campaign, using the Iles Formula Curl Revive
To learn more about Iles Formula, visit ilesformula.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.