From baliage to ombré to chalking, summer is the season to experiment with high-impact coloring techniques. In this how-to featured in the April issue of MODERN SALON, Farouk Systems' artist Rocky Vitelli creates a dramatic fringe that can result in multiple looks depending on how the hair is parted. Using CHI Ionic Permanent Color, and varying levels of developer, the result is perfect for clients looking to add some spice to their fringe and a punch of red for the summer.
Global Artistic Board, Farouk Systems
Mane Society Salon Spa, Owner
In the new Allure collection, the Farouk Systems team creates lighter and darker zone highlight effects, depending on how the hair is parted.
Vitelli and the Farouk team established a beautiful red-brown base color, then used triangle sectioning to create a blonde accent on the top left side.
• Bottom section: 3N CHI Ionic Permanent Color at 10 volume
• Mid section: 6RB CHI Ionic Permanent Color at 10 volume
• Zone Highlights: CHI Ionic Blondest Blonde at 20 volume
LIKE THIS LOOK? YOU'LL LOVE THESE TOO!
• Violet and Wild Orchid Vivids Color: Wow, wow, wow! Purple LOVE!
• Bold Color Statement: Pastel-inspired hair color from Joico's Sue Pemberton
• Check out this color chalking tutorial for another must-have look this summer!
• Pastel color is HOT... here's how to achieve the perfect pastel purple.
• Kevin Murphy's Color.Bug gives a color chalking effect, minus the chalk!
• Flames, Fire, Fringe: This Color Formula is HOT!
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.