Lucie Doughty, the Editorial Director at Paul Mitchell, led a team of hairdressers from Epic The Salon in Encino, CA and a group of future professionals in creating the look for the Irene by GregLaVoi Spring 2014 Collection Presentation that took place on Sunday, October 13. The runway was the fountain and flower-lined paths of Kyoto Gardens on top of the Doubletree Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. Greg LaVoi is an Emmy-nominated costume designer.
"We are doing a variation on the hair style that was in his Look Book only it’s a bit softer, looser and with more texture," said Doughty. "We’re keeping the outside sleek and shiny and the top textured and curled. We pulled it into a low French twist and then relied on building products and tools to put the set in."
1. Starting with dry hair, wet with Awapuhi Hydra Mist Blow Out Spray or Lemon Sage Thickening Spray.
2. Blow dry product in with a round brush.
3. Detail edges and hairline with Hold Me Tight Hairspray, directing hair back.
4. Divide top section into a V-shaped section.
5. Create a tight, French twist.
6. Set the top with Express Iron Curl and spray with Extra Body Finishing Spray.
7. Take down and brush forward,
8. Twist the top section and then pull out pieces from the twist.
9. Secure with bobby pins
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.