There was gorgeous hair everywhere you looked at the Fall 2013 ARTIST SESSION held yesterday at Pier 59 Studio in NYC. One of our favorite looks was created by Jen Dozier Horter, owner of the Bombshell Salon of Ellicott City, Maryland. To address the challenge of creating volume at the crown on her model's fine hair, Horter grabbed her Straight Pin Studio Essentials Kit and pulled out a giant donut which she used as a foundation. In this video, Horter offers the HOW TO use this form properly to get the best finish.
1. Isolate a section in front of the crown to be used after the form is placed.
2. Take a section at the crown and backcomb the base. Spray the base.
3. Wrap this section down and pin into place. This will be the foundation. It does not have to be perfect.
4. Place the form on top of the pinned section and pin in to secure.
5. Take the sections from in front of the crown and along the sides, pull up and over the form, and pin to secure.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.